Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Seeking God for Wisdom


“…But there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries.”       Daniel 2:27 NIV

“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”     James 1:5  NIV

   Recently I was really wrestling with a decision.  I tried to look at the situation from many different angles.  I spent lots of energy on the decision. In the nighttime and daytime, my mind tossed around various scenarios that could result from my decision.   I made a mental list of pros and cons. I thought and rethought and rethought again.  I wasted some energy worrying, too.  It wasn't until I had done all of this that I heard God's whisper, "Have you asked what I want you to do yet?"  I had to say no.  I was disappointed in myself, but thankful for the peace God gave me when I finally did ask him. 

    God will not answer every one of our questions or reveal all the mysteries of the universe.  It’s actually better for us not to have all the answers.  He does promise, however, to give us the wisdom  we need to determine the next step we need to take.

   Are you stuck in neutral on a decision you need to make?  Have you taken the time to get completely quiet before God and ask for his wisdom for your next step?  God will give you his wisdom if you really want it.  This week, take some time to get quiet before God and ask him for wisdom for a decision you need to make.  He may give you a clear next step.  He may give you peace to wait for his timing.  He may give you a simple yes or no.  Regardless of how God directs you, your soul will find rest and you will escape the endless tossing in your mind that steals your energy to live with purpose and love.  You will be able to live with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment